What makes me different?
- I have competed in endurance sports since 1994. I purposely have trained for and done a strong mix of different styles of endurance sport events. This is invaluable when communicating to large groups of competitors .
- The KEY elements to great race announcing include * entertainment *interesting content*recognition of the competitors-sponsors-volunteers * understanding the roll out of critical time lines * competency of managing many flowing details and leaving all involved excited to return again. Entertain-inspire-educate-and maximize the impact of a positive experience.
- I have coached/consulted in endurance sports since 1997 (individuals, training camps/clinics*kids and adult, and elite level athletes).
- Real world experience having managed major aspects and announced at some of the biggest events in endurance sports. This has allowed me to have a HIGH level of knowledge regarding details and deadlines. All the hidden details that only experience develops. As of 2015 I estimate having done Race Announcing/Hosting at 200 events across the United States.
- I have 18 years experience working with professional, elite and Olympic level athletes. Having worked as a Professional liaison for major endurance events, helped athletes at our Olympic training centers and provided individual consulting for elite athletes.
- Voice * you either have a voice that plays well to listeners or you don’t. I would like to think my humor is somehow linked to one of my relatives Will Rodgers. Yes I have an accent that is fading some (Oklahoma/North Carolina). I have lived in 2 locations in California Palos Verdes (1965-1971) Carmel by the sea 2002-present.
- I have gained experience and knowledge over the years from other related work purposely done to learn more about my new professional life: Life Guard at Mecklenburg Aquatic Center, Manager Bicycles South, and Ocean Rescue Training with the California State Lifeguard program. Red Cross Life Guard certifications CPR-First Aid (NC, CA) and recently *2012World Paddle Association Instructor certification /Paddle Fit Pro Stand Up Paddle level 2 coaching certification.
- I am very grateful to get the opportunity to make a positive impact with race announcing etc. Making people feel good about their accomplishment, promoting a healthy life style and in general being stoked on life.
- If you would like to get in touch with me regarding Race announcing/Commentating and Event hosting. email firstname.lastname@example.org
I’m a firm believer to be an effective speaker/commentator/consultant you need to have practical experience, otherwise you will NEVER truly understand the people you are speaking to and speaking on.
Some of my favorite events I have competed in over the years:
*The Assault on Mt. Mitchell 102 miles (considered one of the toughest single day road cycling events in the US).SC/NC
*The Scott Tinley’s Extreme 24 mile Mountain Bike Race San Luis Obispo, CA
*Xterra Off-Road Triathlon World Championship Maui , HI
*Charlotte Observer Marathon 26.2 Mile. Charlotte, NC
*Oslo Half Marathon 13.1 miles . Oslo, Norway
*Crowder’s Mountain 50KM Trail Run. NC
*The JFK 50 Mile Ultra-Marathon. MD
*The Escape from Alcatraz Triathlon . San Francisco, CA
*Memphis in May Triathlon. Memphis, TN
*Panama City Half Ironman Triathlon. Panama City, FL
*Ironman Canada Triathlon 2.4 mile swim 112 mile bike 26.2 mile run . Penticton, BC
*The Vineman Ironman Triathlon 2.4 mile swim 112 mile bike 26.2 mile run . Santa Rosa,CA
*CAT adventure race camp 24 hour race with course elevation lo 7,500ft hi 10,000ft. Estes Park , CO
*Jay Moriarity Memorial paddleboard race 12 mile (Stand Up Paddle) . Santa Cruz, CA
*Pier to Pier paddleboard race 5 mile (Prone). Capitola, CA
*Molokai2Oahu 32 mile paddleboard world championship (3 man relay 14.ft Stand Up Paddle)HI
Endurance Sport Coaching background NC/CA
- Individual coaching athletes to 30 Ironman & Half Ironman triathlon finishes. 100% success all athletes, including spots to the Hawaiian IM world Championship.NC
- Team in Training Triathlon.NC
- Created /developed /managed/coached over 100 USA Triathlon certified camps/clinics and other in multisport and open-water swimming.
- USA Triathlon certified coach l (expert) 1999-2010
- Consulting USAT elite and junior elite development training. Chula Vista, CA Olympic Training Center and Colorado Springs Olympic Training Center (and other).
- Red Cross Certified Lifeguard ,CPR ,and First Aid.NC/CA
- California State Lifeguard training Monterey-Huntington Beach, CA.
- WPA/Paddle fit Pro certified Stand up Paddle Instructor. CA
- Professional Triathletes/Olympians/and other elite athletes:
- Pro-Liaison for Major Multi-Sport events California. Working with over 1,500 elite triathletes.
- Direct individual endurance sport athlete representation and consultation. NC/CA
Event Resume of events can be provided by request -including managment of announcing-public relations-media-pro-liaison-pro-series -webcast-television. email email@example.com
Note: I purposely have created more of a regional niche in central/northern California and Hawaii for race announcing/commentating/hosting. This region blends well with my consulting/promotional work and travel. I am always happy to speak with event companies in other locations.